closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seven New (To Me) Arrivals…

Seven New (To Me) Arrivals…

A recent visit to the UK has enabled me to collect a number of timepieces that have accumulated at various addresses for safekeeping. It’s a fairly diverse selection.

The first three all have Lemania movements, so at least have something in common. The two Sinns have a similar dial layout and handset but very different cases.

I love the heft of the 142 and of course it fits nicely into the space watch collection, I’m pleased that witti didn’t need his arm twisting too hard to part with it.

The 157 with the period bracelet fitted feels and looks absolutely fantastic, this one is fairly well known on the forum and reached me via a very pleasant transaction with crazyp.

Thirdly, another that has been around the forum for a while. My penchant for the quirky and interesting meant that I couldn’t resist this Eberhard Mareoscope with the Lemania cal. 5190 movement when dougdarter put it up at a fantastic price. It’s not as difficult to set as some would have you believe

Another space watch that has taken a long time to track down at a sensible price is this dial variant of the Poljot/Strela/Sekonda 3017 column wheel chronograph. I love the serif font of ‘Poljot’ and I believe that it is most likely to be a 3017 with this dial pattern (but badged as STRELA) that Alexei Leonov wore during his historic EVA in 1965.

Naturally I have a bit of a thing for calculator watches, and the earliest of these were the Pulsar ‘Time Computers’, introduced in late 1975. This fully working second generation example dates from 1977. Earlier versions usually go for silly money.

I’ve long had a hankering to add a watch in the Bauhaus style to the collection, and after a fair bit of research and false starts I decided that for me this really meant a minimalist Junghans Max Bill without the additions of date or chronoscope. I’m delighted with this 38mm automatic, which came from lawler of this forum.

And finally, a watch that needs little introduction in these parts, received in a trade with seikopath for my PRS-50. Whilst I personally love the Speedbird there is always a lot of interest in them so this is shortly destined to be raffled for children’s cancer charities to mark Gold September. Watch this space as they say…

Finally, a group photograph. I wonder what will be waiting for me when I next return to the UK...

Fantastic! What a group, and well done for finding the Poljot, I wear mine often.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Fantastic! What a group, and well done for finding the Poljot, I wear mine often.
    I've just added a post about it it to your thread.

Ha! Very good.
    Cheers..
    Jase

God, you must have been beside yourself! The 142 is a stunner.

Master
    Great combo. You must be so pleased.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Those Sinns look awesome, you're lucky! Don't let them sit in the drawer, these pieces deserve to be worn and shown around... :)

I clearly missed a trick not wearing the Sinn on the bracelet, it looks bloody fantastic. Will you continue with the space theme?

The Poljot is completely out of place in your collection. Send me your bank details soonest . . . ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    That 157 is something!

What a great selection, enjoy them!

It was a worthy visit,
    Love the sinns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're all lovely, Matthew, but the Strela is the pick of the bunch for me.

Master
    That’s a cracking little collection Matthew.

I bet you’re like a kid in a sweet shop now you have them in your possession!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Wow, what an incoming collection!

The Junghans Max Bill is the pick for me - that perfect design is quietly spectacular, and looks even better in-hand than in pictures. A blue-dialled version on brown leather will be mine at some point.

Concerted collection collecting. Kewl
    Gray

What a busy chap you've been!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Thanks to all for the comments. I was back for four weeks but didn't collect most of them until near the end of the visit as we had a huge amount of stuff to do first, setting up a home in the UK so that the girls could start school at the beginning of the year along with everyone else. I'm very patient but when I finally had all of the packages together I was ridiculously excited and really didn't know which one to try on first.

Quote Originally Posted by hrvoje View Post
    Those Sinns look awesome, you're lucky! Don't let them sit in the drawer, these pieces deserve to be worn and shown around... :)
    They do all get worn, it has been a bit restricted in Colombia but this visit was the prologue to a new volume in the adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I clearly missed a trick not wearing the Sinn on the bracelet, it looks bloody fantastic. Will you continue with the space theme?
    At least I was able to help you fund your own fabulous travels! I really should create a specific thread about the space themed watches as there's thirty-odd in the collection now.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    The Poljot is completely out of place in your collection. Send me your bank details soonest . . . ;-)

Andrew Rose

Magnificent 7

All of them brilliant, but I'd take the Sinn 157 and the Poljot off your hands in a flash

If Carlsberg did incoming.....
    J

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk